We want your input on the Light Rail Transit (LRT) route from Kitchener to Cambridge!
At the last round of Public Consultation Centres (PCCs), a preliminary preferred route was presented for public feedback. During and after the last PCC the Region received many comments from the public, including a number of suggested alternative routes.
The Region is further considering three localized route alternatives and refinements to the preliminary preferred route.
Your input will be used to identify issues that may need further consideration before a preliminary preferred route is selected.
Following this PCC, the Project Team will review all feedback received and any new information will be considered. Using input from the technical team, stakeholders and the public, the Project Team will evaluate the additional route alternatives and a preferred route will then be identified. The Project Team anticipates presenting the findings of this evaluation at the next round of public consultations in spring 2018.
For a complete list of the criteria used to determine the route alternatives and refinements to the preferred preliminary route, please see the Public Information Package. To review all documents related to Stage 2 ION please visit www.Stage2ION.ca
You can also provide input at one of the following public consultation centres:
- Tuesday, November 21: 2 p.m. to 8 p.m., Cambridge City Hall – Bowman Room, 50 Dickson Street, Cambridge
- Tuesday, November 28: 4 p.m. to 8 p.m., Preston Memorial Auditorium, 1458 Hamilton Street, Cambridge
- 2011 – Region of Waterloo Council approves a staged approach to LRT from Waterloo to Cambridge
- 2014 – Stage 1 ION LRT Construction begins. Construction also begins on Stage 1 ION bus rapid transit (BRT) between Cambridge and Kitchener
- 2015 – BRT service is launched
- 2015 – Stage 2 ION planning begins
- 2017 – Stage 1 ION LRT construction is almost complete
- 2018 – Stage 1 ION LRT is planned to launch service
If you require further information please contact:
Region of Waterloo
50 Queen Street North, Suite 830
Kitchener, Ontario, N2H 6P4