Route 120 is becoming the RapidRide H Line. Have a say!
Welcome to the RapidRide H Line Community Conversation Page
Route 120 will become the RapidRide H Line in 2020
Burien / White Center / Westwood Village / North Delridge / Downtown Seattle
Metro is expanding RapidRide, our bus rapid transit service that provides fast, frequent trips along busy corridors. Today we have 6 RapidRide Lines (A-F). We plan to add 13 more by 2025, and another 7 by 2040 to fill out the alphabet.
Today, we’re working with the City of Seattle to transform Route 120—one of our 10 busiest routes—into the new H Line. We want to keep what’s great about Route 120 while also improving service. We’re asking neighboring communities and other stakeholders to help us decide on the route’s path and stops and tell us what improvements would make it easier and safer for riders to get to the bus.
Expanding RapidRide will give riders better connections, buses that come more often, and faster, easy-to-use service. The H Line will come more often, travel faster, and be more reliable (on-time) than Route 120. It will connect riders to several key destinations, other buses, and light rail.
Together, our 6 existing RapidRide lines provide about 67,000 rides every weekday – about 70 percent more than the bus routes they replaced. As each new line goes into service, we’ll streamline other bus routes in the area to create a more efficient network.
Share your thoughts
- Seattle segment project update drop-in: Wednesday, January 17, 5-6:30 p.m.
- Youngstown Cultural Arts Center
- 4408 Delridge Way SW, Seattle
- Public Meeting in Burien: Wednesday, January 10, 5-8 p.m.
- Burien Community Center, Shorewood Room
- 14700 6th Ave SW, Burien
- Public Meeting in White Center: Thursday, January 11, 5-8 p.m
- Mount View Elementary School
- 10811 12th Ave SW, Seattle
Between January 5 - 16, 2018, the RapidRide H Line online open house provided opportunity to comment on the route options, proposed stop locations, and desired improvements along the route to make getting to the bus easier and more comfortable.
- Between November 15, 2017 - January 16th, 2018, the needs and priorities survey asked for detailed input from community members, Route 120 riders, and interested stakeholders on what Metro should know as we plan to upgrade the route to the RapidRide H Line.
- H Line fact sheet (January 2018)
- RapidRide Expansion handout (January 2018)
- Metro CONNECTS, Long Range Plan