South Slope Visioning: Your input wanted!
The City of Asheville is undertaking a South Slope Visioning process. And residents are invited to participate!
Please scroll down to take the survey. But first, some information about this project:
Led by the City of Asheville with participation by the community and South Slope business stakeholders, this planning process is designed to develop a long-term vision for the area. The objectives of the South Slope Vision Plan are to:
- Assess existing and needed infrastructure that will support a growing tax base;
- Assess and prioritize multimodal transportation and streetscape and intersection improvements;
- Promote quality development by identifying preferred land uses, strategies for encouraging innovative and sustainable forms of development, and evaluating City-owned property for its highest and best use;
- Contribute to a strong local economy by facilitating private investment, job growth, small business and entrepreneurship;
- Preserve and encourage a unique sense of place by celebrating the people and culture of the area, past and present; and
- Ensure the safety of all who work, live and visit the district.
How your input will be used
Once all input has been received, staff will draft a plan to be presented to City Council for adoption. Staff will then work with the community to implement the community’s vision for the South Slope.
PLEASE REGISTER with Open City Hall Asheville. Registration is quick and easy, the information is used only to verify local input. It is not shared with a third party.
Thank you for your input!