What current health and human service needs (e.g. affordable housing, homeless services, senior services, improved accessibility, etc.) should the City prioritize for the upcoming Grants in Aid (GIA) and Community Development Block Grant (CDBG) grant cycle?
Grants in Aid (GIA)
What is the Grants-in Aid (GIA) Program?
- Provides financial support to non-profit organizations that promote the economic and social well-being of the citizens of San Luis Obispo.
What are the current funding priorities? (NOT ranked)
- Homeless prevention including supportive services and transitional housing,
- Hunger and malnutrition prevention,
- Supportive physical and mental health services,
- Services for seniors and/or people with disabilities,
- Supportive services for youth and their development; especially targeted to youth at risk.
Community Development Block Grant (CDBG)
What is the Community Development Block Grant (CDBG) Program?
- A federal program administered by HUD.
- City funding decisions supported by County, included in Action Plan.
- SLO County designated as Urban County
- Incorporated cities eligible to receive formula based annual grants
- Funding distributed to each county, non-competitive e
What are the current CDBG funding priorities? (Ranked)
- Emergency and transitional shelter, homelessness prevention and services,
- Develop and enhance affordable housing for low and very-low income persons,
- Promote accessibility and/or removal of architectural barriers for the disabled and elderly,
- Economic development (including seismic retrofit, economic stability, low and moderate income jobs).
We appreciate your feedback on the city of San Luis Obispo's current community needs! The Human Relations Commission's Community Needs Workshop will be held on Wednesday, October 4th, 2017 at 5:00 p.m. in the Council Hearing Room located in City Hall at 990 Palm Street.
Please contact Jenny Wiseman, Acting Housing Programs Manager, for questions, comments, or for additional information at (805) 781- 7010 or email@example.com.
The deadline for posting statements was 11:59 PM on September 24, 2017
Subscribe to receive important updates about Community Health and Human Services Needs Survey.