How would you like to see the County address Healthy Eating concerns?
In 2016 and 2017 the County sought input from the community. We asked people about a range of topics including Active Living, Career, Early Childhood, Housing, Healthy Eating, Parks and Trails, and Transportation (click the link if you have thoughts on one of the other topics). We are happy to have heard many positive things about what we are doing for our residents. We also want to discuss some things we heard that may need to be addressed.
What we heard about Healthy Eating:
- Too few options to eat healthy when going out
- Eating healthy is too expensive
- Quality of healthy foods at restaurants and groceries could be better
- Farmers markets limited hours mean difficulties getting local produce
- Need to support small business/restaurant owners
- Too much travel needed to access healthy food options
- Would like more opportunities to grow produce
More information about our findings can be found here
We also want to invite you to participate in one of our upcoming Open Houses to discuss our plan for the County:
March 13th at the New Prague High School Auditorium from 6-8:30 PM
March 19th at the Jordan High School Auditorium and Commons from 7 - 9:30 PM