We want your feedback on proposed land use and circulation concepts for the North Downtown Specific Plan!
Thank you for participating!
Thank you for participating in the Online Survey for the North Downtown Specific Plan. This survey focused on collecting feedback on three land use alternatives and draft circulation concepts for improved pedestrian and bicycle facilities. A summary of all comments were presented to City Council on May 16th and will be taken into consideration as the project team moves into the next phase of the project and drafts a preferred Land Use and Circulation alternative.
The key land use themes from the survey include:
- Not enough change shown in Alternative A
- Support for:
- consolidated auto sales and services north of YVR
- shared parking facility for auto dealers
- mixed use development
- Arts/Entertainment District and Maker’s Row
- Mixed reviews on more housing
- Questions regarding the intent and implementation of the special overlay districts
The key circulation themes from the survey include:
- Support for:
- Shared-use pedestrian and bike east/west connections
- Controlled crossings, formalized school connection and widened sidewalks
- Bike lanes
- Public plazas
- Concerns about traffic and safety, particularly along YVR
Thank you for your participation!
Please click here to sign up for the email list and stay informed of future project meetings for the North Downtown Specific Plan.