Feedback requested about requirements for SLC homeless resource centers
Welcome to the survey on requirements for Homeless Resource Centers in SLC!
Two new Homeless Resource Centers (HRCs) are being planned for Salt Lake City. The City Council is considering requirements that HRCs must comply with so that they are built and operate in a responsive and orderly way, making them positive additions and responsive to the neighborhoods. Learn more at www.slccouncil.com/homelessness
These requirements are in the form of a proposed ordinance and would affect the conditions, or regulations for these types of centers. A draft of the ordinance is available here.
A series of community meetings and other types of public engagement efforts have been conducted in the last year. That input helped to define the desires and needs of the community for these Centers, and informed the requirements that will affect how they are being designed, built, and eventually operated. The survey (see the blue button below) is another step in adding your voice to the process.
The new HRCs is a topic that affects all City residents and the public, regardless of how close to the new sites you are. Please consider the importance of the new buildings and service model, and be involved in this process; it’s one that affects our whole community.
Please click on the survey link
and tell us your opinion of the proposed ordinance, and whether it addresses concerns about neighborhood safety, amenities, and programming.
(to answer click the blue "take the survey" button below)
- Attend the Council’s briefing (no public input): Tuesday, August 29 (time TBD)
- Provide comment at Public Hearing: Tuesday, September 19, 7 p.m.
- Provide comment at Public Hearing: Tuesday, October 3, 7 p.m.
In the meantime, you also can attend any upcoming 7:00 p.m. formal meeting to address the full Council during the general comment period.
Find out when the next formal meeting is here.
- Write: Salt Lake City Council
P.O. Box 145476
Salt Lake City, UT 84114-5476
- Call: 24 hour comment line (801) 535-76514
- Email email@example.com
Watch Council Meetings live on SLCTV cable channel Ch. 17 or watch Council Meetings live from a computer by visiting: www.slctv.com.
* Or Facebook Live at SLCCouncil.com/Facebook
* View a rebroadcast of a City Council meeting on SLCTV cable channel 17 by checking the TV schedule.
* Visit: www.slcgov.com/slctv/slctv-videos-demand to listen to a previous Council meeting or download a podcast.
* Contact the City Recorder’s Office at (801) 535-7671 (801) 535-7671 and request a CD copy of a Council meeting or a particular agenda item.
NOTE TO OPEN CITY HALL PARTICIPANTS: Comments written on all topics are both on display at this website and given periodically to all Council Members during the time the topic is open. A copy of all the comments also are given to Council Members before a briefing or vote on the topic, and often are attached to the online public agenda with any staff report on the topic