Please share your book suggestions for Lake Oswego Reads 2013 and ideas on what makes a great Lake Oswego Reads event.
The Steering Committee of Lake Oswego Reads is seeking book ideas for the 7th Annual Lake Oswego Reads. Please share your book suggestions for Lake Oswego Reads 2013 and ideas on what makes a great Lake Oswego Reads event.
Is there a book that you have read recently that you enjoyed and that was worth discussing? A book that you could see creating local events and activities around?
Use Open City Hall to share your ideas. Others can support the book recommendation, making the most popular books rise to the top.
The basic selection criteria includes:
• Be for high school aged readers and older.
• Appeal to a wide range of readers.
• Strengthen civic pride, foster discussion among residents, and bring the community together through the common bond of reading.
• Offer opportunities for additional citywide special events.
• Be affordable and available in paperback, audio book and e-book.
The deadline for ideas is June 1.
After the book is selected the event planning begins. What sort of LO Reads events have you enjoyed in the past? Lake Oswego Reads happens in February every year. For information on past books selected and events, go to http://www.ci.oswego.or.us/library/events/LakeOswegoReads.htm.