We want your input on the Light Rail Transit (LRT) route from Kitchener to Cambridge!
We want your input on the light rail transit (LRT) route from Kitchener to Cambridge! A Preliminary Preferred Route is now available for your feedback.
This route has been evaluated using several criteria, including:
- Economic environment
- Natural environment
- Social/cultural environment
- Transportation and engineering
- Public input
For a complete list of the criteria used to determine the Preferred Preliminary Route, please see the Public Information Package. To review all documents related to Stage 2 ION please visit www.Stage2ION.ca
Your input will be used to identify issues that may need further consideration in the preliminary design stage of the route.
A third round of public consultation is planned for later this year with more details about the preliminary design of the preferred route expected at this time.
You can also provide input at one of three public consultation centres:
- Kitchener Lions Arena, Thursday February 23, 4-8 p.m.
- Kin Club of Cambridge, Tuesday February 28, 4-8 p.m.
- Newfoundland Club, Wednesday March 1, 2-8 p.m.
- 2011 – Region of Waterloo Council approves a staged approach to LRT from Waterloo to Cambridge
- 2014 – Stage 1 ION LRT Construction begins. Construction also begins on Stage 1 ION bus rapid transit (BRT) between Cambridge and Kitchener
- 2015 – BRT service is launched
- 2018 – Stage 1 ION LRT is planned to launch service
If you require further information please contact:
Region of Waterloo
50 Queen Street North, Suite 830
Kitchener, Ontario, N2H 6P4