Are you concerned about local aircraft noise?
Give us your feedback on local aircraft noise.
The City has heard from residents that an increase in aircraft noise over Mountain View has affected the local quality of life. A Select Committee on Bay Area Arrivals was formed to review and assess issues related to the increase in air traffic.
Please take a moment to review the attached DRAFT Report of the Select Committee (PDF) and provide feedback to City staff about the report, give general feedback about aircraft noise OR email members of the Select Committee directly with your comments and concerns.
Ways to Give Feedback
- Click on the button "Add Your Statement" below to provide feedback online to the City of Mountain View
- Email your feedback to the members of the Select Committee (contact information provided here)
- OR both
The Select Committee on South Bay Arrivals was formed in the spring 2016 at the request of
- Congresswoman Anna Eshoo (18th Congressional District, Santa Clara County)
- Congresswoman Jackie Speier (14th Congressional District, San Mateo County) and
- Congressman Sam Farr (20th Congressional District, Santa Cruz County) .
Working with the Federal Aviation Administration Office of the Director of the San Francisco Airport (SFO), members of the Select Committee have agreed to work together to address the ongoing issue of aircraft noise and adopt regional solutions.
Chaired by Supervisor Joe Simitian (Santa Clara County, District 5), the Select Committee consists of twelve members, including four elected officials who were appointed members to represent each of the three Congressional Districts.
- A full list of the appointed members and their alternates, as well as their contact information, is available here in PDF.
The Select Committee on South Bay Arrivals held three public hearings in Santa Clara, San Mateo, and Santa Cruz Counties, to hear from residents impacted by arriving flights. Select Committee meetings have been held with representatives of the FAA and members of the public, twice a month since July.
The Select Committee’s draft report was released to the public on October 20, 2016. The report is a first draft discussion document for review and comment by members of the public and the Select Committee and may contain errors and omissions, which will be addressed during the course of the Select Committee’s remaining three meetings. All meetings are open to the public and held at Palo Alto City Hall, located at 250 Hamilton Ave. in downtown Palo Alto.
Please note the start times differ:
- October 27 from 1:00 – 4:00 p.m. – Public hearing will be held to receive public comment on the draft report recommendations.
- November 3 from 2:00 – 6:00 p.m. – Select Committee discussion and deliberation on the draft report recommendations.
- November 17 from 1:00 – 4:00 p.m. – Final action is expected to be taken by the Select Committee on the draft report recommendations.
The deadline for posting statements was 11:59 PM on November 10, 2016
Subscribe to receive important updates about Aircraft Noise.